Monday, April 2, 2012

Thank you!!

After posting yesterday I have received such wonderful comments from everyone! I would like to take a moment to say thanks and respond.

Thank you Kate for the idea of a quick project, I have already put this into action and I have to admit, it is awesome seeing a project completed in just an hour or two.

Lena I never even realized that was supposed to be a wine rack! I'll have to keep my eyes open now that I know I won't have to buy a specialty towel rack. And yes, Pinterest is both ruining and improving my life. So many projects...so little time.

Natalia thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one that suffers with lack of inspiration when it comes to projects for myself! It's just way more fun to imagine my friends and family receiving stuff I made especially for them.

Winkieflash I am definitely going to have to look into that tutorial. I've been in a funk in more than my crafts and I'm ready to move on! I also like changing gears, I will have to do that.

Anyway my readers rock.

I also get to accept a blogging award today! Lisa of teaandcraft.blogspot.com has generously awarded me the Versatile Blogger award!


The "rules" are:
  • Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy
  • Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it
  • Next, select 5 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
  • Nominate those 5 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
  • Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
Lisa thank you for thinking of me! I may not feel very award worthy right this second, but I am so happy to be given such a boost! I'm all smiles!

Lisa's blog can be found here: http://teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au/ and I would highly suggest checking out her response to the last rule, her cake decorating story is so cute!

The blogs that I would like to award are:

 Root and Blossom http://www.rootandblossom.com/ Not only is Lena a very old friend of mine but she has incredible eye! Now that she's expecting I've even had a dream where she was super pregnant and way too awesome.

Nerd Jerk http://nerdjerk.blogspot.com/ Hilarious and inspiring. Her amigurumi are what got me started!

It's Geek to Me http://lottloft.blogspot.com/ I love her. She's my imaginary internet friend. Don't ask how that works...it just does. Anyway, amazing work.

Happy Home Baking http://happyhomebaking.blogspot.com/ careful, this place will make you drool. I'm also really fond of the Asian inspired sweets. (Yes yes, I realize this blog isn't "crafty" like the others, but baking is SO an art. Plus I can award whomever I wish. Hehehe.)

Finally a new blog that I stumbled across http://craftdisasters.blogspot.com/ which so far has great patterns and fun projects.


As for the final "rule" eek. Seven things?

1. My husband is in the Air Force. We are currently stationed in Los Angeles.

2. My husband deploys in two months. Possible reason for funk? Probably.

3. I've recently become addicted to yoga, though class today kicked my butt.

4. When I make cakes for other people I purposely make extra icing so I can eat it straight out of the bowl when I'm done.

5. I'm a hoarder my nurture (thanks mom) and an organizer, not-quite-minimalist by nature. It makes me cry inside. A lot.

6. I enjoy calligraphy...but I kind of suck at it. I'm trying to get better.

7. Uh... (10 minutes later) ...I drink extremely sour lemonade?  I skip sweetener entirely.




Alright now that the fun blog awards are done with I promised yesterday that I would post pictures of the shirt I attacked with a bleach pen. It was hard to find the right pressure so that I didn't squeeze out too much. You can tell where I did though since it bled out a tad.




In the awkward event that you can't tell what everything is there's the Cheshire Cat, a key, a heart, spade, diamond, and clover. Taadaa!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy M, thank you so much for passing the award to me even though I am not into crafts! The only craft work I posted on my blog was this pair of booties (http://happyhomebaking.blogspot.com/2008/12/happy-birthday.html) I knitted for my child ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, your shirt looks great! And your #6? I am totes the same - more practice is needed! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for quick crafts! So happy to read your response. I like to pretend I'm good friends with all the bloggers I read and your reply almost makes it a two way conversation! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whaha, your shirt rocks! I love the cheshire cat :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award!!! Loved the response!
    Liked the shirt a lot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for the award! I lurve this shirt. Lurve lurve lurve. I had no idea there was such a thing as a bleach pen. I'm guessing this has something to do with my complete lack of laundry prowess. But is that really prowess you want to cultivate? (Help me, I'm tired, I just used the words "laundry," "cultivate," and "prowess" together. All kinds of wrong.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha you are all so fantastic!

    Kate - I do the same thing with geeky Heather. We should all join an imaginary internet friend club!

    geeky Heater - You crack me up. End of story.

    Everyone else: I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea! I need to get a bleach pen now, all my work out clothes are so boring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much!

    http://craftdisasters.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-got-award-thanks.html

    ReplyDelete