Sunday, January 23, 2011

"I'm Bender, baby, please insert liquor!"

After much pestering from my husband and sister I present baby Bender! This version of baby Bender was taken from Futurama season five, "Lethal Inspection" and comes complete with Mexican beer!


This was a rather ambitious and tedious project, taking me an entire week of diligent work. How did I do it you ask? Why by eyeballing it of course! No patterns, no direction, and no hope! Fortunately Bender refuses to be anything less than awesome. I hope I have done him proud.


He is by far the largest amigurumi style crochet I have attempted, and although he has some minor defects, he is an overall success! I started at his mini antenna and crocheted down to his "crotch plate" in one go. I then made his feet, but unfortunately by then I had used the entire skein of silver yarn so of course I had to go buy more. I finished off his other attachments and then put him together! I added a few details, such as his door and mouth, and then threw in a beer to keep his power cells fueled.

 Here he is from the episode.


And HERE he is in physical form! 




So, what do you think?

5 comments:

  1. So how much to commission one of those lovable baby Benders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you be posting a pattern for this or have you already? I loved your Zoidberg pattern and would love to make a baby Bender as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I don't think I'll post a pattern for Bender. I was trying really hard to write it all out but since everything is free form I kept losing myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey how long did you make his chest, legs and arms. I cant get mind to look right i think im making one or more to long?

    ReplyDelete