Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's true! Today is all about me. Well, OK, not exactly. But in my world most days are all about me anyway, so what's one more?

On the birthday list was a massive body exhausting workout. Oddly enough this was what I wanted. Seriously. Remember, you're talking to a girl who requested a stationary bike for Christmas and got it. (To see a picture of how thrilled I was to get it check MostlyNerdyNarrative.blogspot.com).

So after a breakfast of whole grain pancakes smothered with chopped apples and a nutella sauce I went straight to my living room and busted out some serious moves. An hour an a half later I can now barely lift my arms and my legs shake a bit as I walk. That was just my resistance training, later I'll do cardio.

Anywho, I'm sure no one wants to hear me ramble on about my various plans for the next year in regards to my personal fitness, instead I know you're all dying to know my crafting New Years resolutions!

First up is to expand on a small granny square (hexagon) "blanket" that I started when my husband and I were first married. I want to double its size. My second is to make a Robot Devil amigurumi. That's all I have for crafting resolutions so far.


This works wonderfully as a cover (usually I tuck under the front end) to my antique cedar chest that originally belonged to my great grandmother.


I think that it has a lot of potential to be a really great bedspread or something. With that in mind I've started making more hexagons.



Maybe I'll actually finish it by our 10th anniversary!

The week or so before Christmas I made my sister a really nice dark grey cowl. It turned out really really nice. Actually, so nice I didn't really want to give it away.  As Christmas day rolled around I opened a lovely gift from my mother consisting of three balls of a very soft almost fluffy yarn. Whats a girl to do with such a gift? Make her own birthday present!


Nice and soft, extra warm, and as pretty as could be. A cowl to call my own.



Classic.

Also in the week before Christmas I won my first blog giveaway on It's Geek to Me. This is seriously the third thing I've ever won. First, was in the first grade I won a helmet at a bike safety drawing, second was a Mini Cooper towel from the Mini Takes the States 2010 rally, and now a whole bunch of yarn! I'm so happy!



I haven't decided what to make with it all yet, but I can't wait to use it!

Happy New Year to my fabulous readers!

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    That cowl looks super-scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great birthday!

    I love love love love that blanket. I now have to make one.

    ReplyDelete